Saturday, June 15, 2013

What do you Love? This Sunday, June 16, 2013

I love the two most important fathers in my life, my own father, and the father of my children.

My dad is a rock, he's steady, he's solid, he's the calm a midst the storm. From him I have learned strength, persistence, the ability to show up even when life is hard. If I am an apple that hasn't fallen too far from his tree, then I am fortunate. I am so grateful to be his daughter.

My husband is a beautiful father to his girls. They love him fiercely, and he returns it. He is tough where I'm too soft, and soft when I come down too hard. In the subtle dance of parenting, we are learning to balance each other. I love watching him grow with them, it is inspiring.

I am a very fortunate woman to call these two men family.

What do you love, this Sunday, June 16, 2013?

2 comments:

**Anne** said...

How lovely to have such a wonderful relationship with two very important men in your life.
As you know my Dad passed recently but I think about him every day and am thankful for the example he gave me. As for my hubby, he is my rock when I struggle and I've been doing a lot of struggling lately.
Have a lovely Sunday,
Anne xx

rosaria williams said...

I love this series of yours!
Love also how you examine your life, extending homage to all the forces that shape it.